Wonder how Vectera compares to Zoom? Zoom handles webinars and huge group conversation quite well. But meeting (new) clients is a whole other way of communicating where meeting friction can make or break a fragile relation with a client.
Let's start with a direct comparison of the features that really matter in your day-to-day use. Next we'll look at great additions that make your online meetings more effective. To conclude, we have an in-depth more technical video streaming comparison.
We continuously evaluate all key players in the videoconferencing field and make sure Vectera offers best value for a really sharp price tag.
Don't have time to read the in-depth comparison? Check the wrap-up table and start better video meetings now.
1. No downloads, no mess, no frustrations.
Say yes to simplicity: The only thing you need for Vectera is a browser. No need to download (and update!) software packages and installers on your system. Instead of 7 clicks, reboots and sign-ins, Vectera signs you up in 1 click and lets you start a meeting with 1 click. Much better!
2. Professional look and feel marks a good first impression
Vectera has been built with a strong focus on interactions with external clients: Sales, training, customer demos, support and more.
When you meet your (potential!) client for the first time, you want to make a good impression. All Vectera rooms have a super clean, modern look and feel. And some emojis, if that suits you.
Think about Vectera as a professional looking lobby, with custom branded waiting screen to give your client a warm welcome. It's even better than a lobby in a building: this one has analytics...
3. Don't limit yourself to classic audio/video/screenshare. Bring more creativity and engagement in the conversation.
Classic meeting solutions all boast the same features: audio/video/screensharing. These are the basics that should work, every single time. We got these dialled.
But what if you could demo your app together with your client? Or give interactive support to your client? Or draw a server infrastructure, a revenue plot or any other graph on a whiteboard? Vectera has integrated whiteboards that enable you to write down meeting minutes, visualise spec lists, show proposals and so much more. Check the productivity section on our blog to get an idea of what you can achieve with the whiteboards and content.
And best of all, your creativity is automatically synced and stored.
4. Everything stays in place, ready for the next meeting. No need to re-explain, re-upload, re-copy-paste.
When a traditional online meeting ends, everything is gone. Vectera works fundamentally different: Create persistent video rooms for each of your clients or projects and keep track of all content and communication in one single place.
All notes, documents and meeting recordings stay in this virtual meeting room.
The client can come back to the virtual room any time to re-check the discussed content. Next time you meet the client again, you can pick up the conversation where you have left.
5. Align your sales and customer success teams:
Vectera has a strong focus for sales and customer success teams; Vectera is created to deliver a much more seamless experience with the apps you are working with on a daily basis.
With Vectera persistent meeting rooms, all communication is stored throughout the entire client journey:
- Sales teams can start online meeting rooms without any friction: Automatically generate new meeting rooms based on calendar bookings
- Most deals take 2-6 conversations -> all historic communication can be found in the meeting rooms
- When the deal is closed, the room (including meeting minutes, private notes, wrap ups) is handed over to the customer success team. -> The client does not need to tell his/her story again, which is a real time-saver for both parties!
- A colleague of your client asks the same information again? Just send them the recordings.
- Leverage the API for integrations with your own app or CRM: Automatically generate rooms based on triggers in your app, fill rooms with any presentation or document.
Bonus: WebRTC (One of the core technologies of Vectera) technically outperforms Zoom
Having a great audio and video connection is key for a successful online meeting. Behind the simplicity of the interface, there is a whole stack of technology that makes sure conversations run smoothly in all circumstances.
Switching networks, crowded coworking spaces, massive concrete buildings, restrictive firewalls... they all pose threats to your perfectly prepared meeting.
In order to cope with these challenging conditions, you need a video conference service that utilizes every single byte of bandwidth as efficient as possible. Check the video below to see an in-depth technical comparison about the performance of WebRTC (which is mainly used for video streaming in Vectera) vs Zoom.
Wrap up & Pricing
Zoom did its homework with the pricing: An attractive low starting point (€13,99) that covers quite a few features. But don't hit the recording button more than +-3 times for a 1 hour conversation, or you'll need to add €40 (100gb), €100 (500gb) or €500 (3TB) to the low price tag...
In the comparison below, we compare Zoom business plan with Vectera.
This is the typical setup for a sales and customer success team who need CRM integration.
Vectera works with a simple base price and can be extended with à la carte features tailored to your situation (eg scheduling)